- The Morgan City Shrimp & Petroleum Festival starts Thursday and runs through Monday. Live music each night, a hands-on Children's Village (Saturday through Monday), and fireworks Sunday night are a few of the festival's highlights. Free admission.
- Kids can make their own beanbag toss at the Home Depot kids workshop. Saturday from 9am to 12noon - check with your local Home Depot store for details.
Check out farm fresh produce at one of the area farmers' markets:
- the Upper 9th Ward Farmers' Market on Saturday from 1pm to 4pm.
- the Crescent City Farmers' Market on Saturday from 8am to 12 noon
- the Westwego Farmers & Fisheries Market on Saturday from 8:30am to 2pm
- the Gretna Farmers Market (3rd St. & Huey P. Long Avenue) on Saturday from 8:30am to 12:30pm
- the Camellia City Market in Slidell on Saturday from 8am to 12 noon
We're getting into festival season, so look for more family (and budget) friendly events in the coming week! Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!