- The weather should be great for the Gator Luau at Holy Name of Jesus school in New Orleans. It runs Friday through Sunday and includes food, drink, rides, music, and both the LSU and Saints games will be shown so you won't have to miss a play!
- If you're in the mood to shop for Christmas presents, check out the St. Edward the Confessor Craft Fair on Saturday from 9am to 5pm at 4921 W. Metairie Avenue. With more than 100 exhibitors, you should be able to find something for everyone on your list!
- Also on Saturday will be the next installment of the Kids Culinary Camp for second through fourth graders at the Southern Food & Beverage Museum, sponsored by the Junior League of New Orleans.
- If you're the handy type, head over to Lowe's for their Build and Grow clinic on Saturday from 10-11am. The kids will get to create a "garage" for the Lowe's NASCAR vehicle.
- On Sunday, head over to the Louisiana Children's Museum for free admission courtesy of Target.
- If music is your thing, check out the craft and food vendors and enjoy the music at the free third annual Congo Square Rhythms Festival on Sunday from 11am until 6:30pm.
- Also on Sunday is the grand opening of the "Dreams Come True" Disney art exhibit at the New Orleans Museum of Art. This exhibit will be on display until March 14, 2010, so if you can't make it out this weekend, you'll have plenty of time to do so.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Another weekend full of free and frugal things to do in the New Orleans area. If your social calendar is open this weekend, check out a few of these events to keep you busy: